Christian Historical Romance Book Club
This book club is for fans of Christian Historical Romance all over the country who want to meet via Zoom once every couple of months to discuss that month’s book choice. I’ve always wanted to do this, so I am so excited to share it with you. Interested? Email me at crystal (at) crystal caudill (dot) com. Signed up? Be sure to join the Private Facebook Group. Zoom Links will be sent either via email or shared in the Facebook Group. Discussion questions can be found ahead of time below. 🙂
Meeting Date: Second Saturday of February, April, June, August, October, December
Time: 12pm EST
- Who was your favorite character? Least favorite?
- What was your favorite part?
- Were there any struggles you identified with?
- Did anything strike you as surprising?
- Were there any parts you struggled with?
Book Specific Questions: The Mistletoe Countess
- What is one of your favorite scenes from this story? What did you love about it?
- Is there a particular quote from TMC that was really meaningful to you? Funny?
- What is one thing you learned from each of the main characters?
- Was there a particular secondary character that you enjoyed?
- Who is someone in your life who fits the description of “hero”? What about them fits that definition?
- Grace and Lillias were very different. Even though Lillias was “supposed” to be the best fit for Frederick, how was Grace actually the better choice?
- Grace is a very positive person, but she still gets discouraged. What are some ways that Grace responds to discouragement that may help us in our discouraging times?
- Knowing your identity is a very big theme in TMC. What happens when Frederick begins to realize that he is loved and accepted? How does that knowledge change him? How does it change the way he sees his own value?
- Our pasts always influence us, but they do not have to define us. How did Frederick’s and Grace’s pasts influence them? What were some elements from each other than helped bring a positive “shaping” to each other?
- If you were in need of rescue, which TMC character would you want to come to your aid?
- What is one part of the story you enjoyed where Grace uses her fictional smarts to solve a real-life situation?
- Were there any classic books mentioned in TMC that you were happy to recognize?
- If you had to choose a fiction book you’ve read to help solve a real-life mystery, which one would you choose?
- Aunt Lavenia is full of wisdom. What is one quote from her that you found particularly meaningful?