What is involved in being a launch team member?
As a launch team member, you will receive a free, advanced copy of whatever novel is being released at that time. Members are asked to read the book prior to the release date, then-if they like it (if you don’t like it, you aren’t required to do anything)-spread the word as far and wide as possible! (FYI, you don’t have to be on Facebook to be a part of the launch team.)
The single most important thing launch team members do? Write a brief review for Amazon, Goodreads, BookBub, and/or any other online review sites where you’d like to post it. It only needs to be a paragraph or two.
Beyond that, anything else done is icing on the cake! The potential for ideas are endless. I’ve listed a few below, but none are mandatory. I want Launch Team Members to do what they feel comfortable with. The biggest help is the review.
- Talk about the books on social media sites and in reader groups.
- Ask your your local library or church library to purchase a copy.
- Blog about the books.
- Direct people to my website.
- Write a review for your local newspaper.
- Purchase copies to give away as Christmas and birthday gifts.
- Pin the cover or other pictures from my website to Pinterest.
- Share your favorite quotes from the book online. If you purchase an e-book, highlight your favorite quotes.
- Suggest the book on reading forums, like those you can find on GoodReads.
- If you’re part of a Bible study, MOPS, or any other group, tell them about the book.
- Suggest my latest book to your book club.