It happens every year, and every year we are faced with the same problem:
What will your New Year’s Resolution be?
Have you made yours yet? Do you make them?
Alright, I’ll be honest, I hate New Year’s resolutions. I never seem to make my overly ambitious goals and am disappointed in myself at the end of the year. I love goals, they give me something to work toward, but New Year’s Resolutions just seem to be too much.
So this year I am resolving to do something different and encourage you to do it as well. Several friends have been choosing focus words instead of resolutions for the last couple years, and this year I am jumping on the bandwagon.
Except I’m choosing a phrase:
The words we write as authors matter.
The words we speak matter.
The Word we study matters.
So this phrase has multiple meanings for me.
- This year I am going to focus on the words I write:
- I will write, edit, and submit my novel this year.
- I will do it all to glorify God.
- This year I am going to focus on the words I speak:
- I will be less critical, especially of my children.
- I will be more uplifting and encourage those around me.
- This year I am going to focus on THE Word.
- I will study the Word.
- I will pray the Word.
- I will live the Word.
- I will spread the Word.
- and I will WRITE the Word.
I don’t know how you feel about writing, but I feel God has called me to this job. I refuse to walk this journey without His leading, and I hope you feel the same because the words God has given us to write matter.
It is so important to share this difficult journey with others. Let’s support each other.
What are your New Year’s Resolutions, phrases, or goals? How can I support you in your endeavors?