It is finally time for me to gather an elite group of readers who will be a part of my launch team. What is a launch team? What’s expected of a Launch Team Operative? What do you get out of the deal? It’s all answered below, along with the application at the bottom of the post. Applications will be accepted through September 30th and then I will contact applicants in mid-October.
WHAT IS A LAUNCH TEAM?
I’m so glad you asked! My launch team is a special group of readers who are enthusiastic about getting the word out about my books to the community at large. These readers are my first readers, part of my inner circle, and my most enthusiastic fans.
WHAT AM I LOOKING FOR IN LAUNCH TEAM MEMBERS?
Enthusiasm and a desire to share about my book within the sphere of their influence. Availability is important too. I depend on these members to do what I cannot: leave reviews about my book, talk about it on Social media and in person, request it from libraries, etc. The potential is endless.
WHAT IS INVOLVED IN BEING A LAUNCH TEAM MEMBER?
As a launch team member, you will receive a free, advanced copy of whatever novel is being released at that time. Members are asked to read the book prior to the release date, then-if they like it (if you don’t like it, you aren’t required to do anything)-spread the word as far and wide as possible! (FYI, you don’t have to be on Facebook to be a part of the launch team.)
The single most important thing launch team members do? Write a brief review for Amazon, Goodreads, BookBub, and/or any other online review sites where you’d like to post it. It only needs to be a paragraph or two.
Beyond that, anything else done is icing on the cake! The potential for ideas are endless. I’ve listed a few below, but none are mandatory. I want Launch Team Members to do what they feel comfortable with. The biggest help is the review.
- Talk about the books on social media sites and in reader groups.
- Ask your your local library or church library to purchase a copy.
- Blog about the books.
- Direct people to my website.
- Write a review for your local newspaper.
- Purchase copies to give away as Christmas and birthday gifts.
- Pin the cover or other pictures from my website to Pinterest.
- Share your favorite quotes from the book online. If you purchase an e-book, highlight your favorite quotes.
- Suggest the book on reading forums, like those you can find on GoodReads or Facebook.
- If you’re part of a Bible study, MOPS, or any other group, tell them about the book.
- Suggest my latest book to your book club.
WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF THE DEAL?
Besides receiving a free copy of my book and my undying gratitude, there are some added benefits. You’ll have access to an exclusive Facebook Group just for Launch Team members, a password-protected Launch Team Dashboard, emails just for my Launch Team members with insider information, special Zoom meetings to get some face-to-face time, and occasional personal touches from me.
If this sounds like a team you’d like to be part of, please fill out the application below.